the success store
Did you know?
Women entering or re-entering the workforce often lack the appropriate clothing to wear to interviews and work. The Success Store addresses this barrier to employment and provides an incentive to keep participants engaged and motivated throughout the course.
Participants can earn points used to “purchase” items through attendance, class involvement, and punctuality. The Success Store is also a resource for other social service agencies in Tarrant County. Through a voucher system, agencies can refer their clients to the Success Store to receive two professional outfits and a pair of shoes for interviews and work.
What we accept:
- NEW Makeup or Hygiene Products
- Heels, Loafers, Sandals, Flats, Mules, Oxfords, Boots, Wedges, and other appropriate professional footwear
*Plus-size clothing and larger shoe sizes ALWAYS needed!
1. Fill out the Donation Form ahead of time and email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR print out and bring with you when you come in. If you are unable to fill out the form ahead of time, one will be provided for you when you drop off your donation.
2. Fold all of your items and place them neatly in a reusable, recyclable, or disposable bag.
3. Items will be accepted if already hung up on dry-clean hangers
4. Schedule an appointment and then bring your items to our location at One Safe Place, 1100 Hemphill St, Fort Worth, TX 76104.
To schedule a donation appointment, please contact our Store Manager – Valerie Gonzalez – by TEXTING (682) 268-0801, CALLING (817) 502-7120, or EMAILING email@example.com
Want to volunteer?
We get tons of wonderful clothing donations each week and we need help sorting through them, cleaning up the store floor, and helping students check out! If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the volunteer application below.
Volunteer hours are:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays
10AM – 12PM, 12PM – 2PM, & 2PM – 4PM
We do not accept:
- Tank Tops
- Athletic Headbands
- Athletic Wear
- Lounge Wear
- Or Damaged/Badly Stained Items
Valerie’s tips for turning a good donation, into a GREAT donation!
3. Take a look at how many items you are donating. Our team is small and only has a few hours a week to go through donations. For our team, once we receive a donation we have to itemize how many and what kind of items were donated, sort through all donated items to make sure they are appropriate for our store, prepare the items that have passed inspection, and finally sort and put out the items for “sale.”
4. If you are wanting to do a donation drive for our store, please contact our Store Manager before beginning this process. While we love receiving your donations and deeply appreciate that you would like to help us by donating a large quantity of items, we may not always be in need of certain items. For example, we often have an overwhelming amount of size 12 suit jackets, but we have very little suit jackets that are size 16 and up. If you give us a chance to let you know what items we are in need of at the time, we can ensure that all or most of your items will be put to good use. Otherwise, your items may be put in storage for a while or even sent to other organizations.
5. Take time to read which items we accept and which we do not. As mentioned above, our team is very small and sorting through donations can be very time-consuming. If the items donated to us are not appropriate for our store, we will have to take time to set them aside and donate them to other organizations. Consider saving us time by being mindful of the type of items you donate and whether or not they would be appropriate for our store.
6. Consider donating your items in a reusable bag. For our team, the benefits of receiving donations in a reusable bag are: being able to see all the items that have been donated without having to tear open a plastic garbage bag, less waste or garbage to dispose of, and an opportunity to reuse the bag as a shopping cart for our students to use and keep as they shop and checkout of our store.
7. Please consider leaving your hangers at home. While it can often be easier to sort donated items that have been kept on hangers, at the moment we do not have the tools or space we need to be able to do this. If all of the racks we use to sort our clothes are full, your donation will probably end up on a table or even the floor until we have the space we need to hang them up. As well, we do not use plastic, wire, or wood hangers in our store. Instead we use black velvet hangers and any other hangers we receive will be disposed of.