The Ladder Alliance
Job Title: Contract Computer Skills Instructor
Reports To: Director of Programs and Operations
FSLA Status: Contract
Our Work: The Ladder Alliance is a nonprofit organization serving Tarrant County since 2003. TLA is best known for providing innovative, essential educational programs to women victims of domestic violence, and low-income women. Our team of educators, program/ administrators, and fundraising professionals lead with passion, and serve 250+ adult learners annually.
We are looking for someone with a passion for effecting change in the lives of others, a demonstrated ability to grow and diversify the agency’s portfolio, and a commitment to upholding the mission and values of The Ladder Alliance.
Position Summary: The Contract Instructor is responsible for providing relevant and innovative instruction to our students that will give them the knowledge and skills that they need to be successful in the professional world; you will also perform skills assessments or tests to track their individual progress. Since you will be instrumental to the success of these individuals, we expect applicants for this role to have significant experience in Microsoft Office Suites, Google Suites, Business English, and Business Communication, and Quickbooks.
- Be able to instruct in motivational and inspirational ways about Informational Technology, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Business Communications, Quickbooks, using differentiated learning styles and techniques to reach all learning abilities.
- Assist students in the development of resume writing skills and mock interviews.
- Utilize classroom and lab instruction, student assessment mechanisms, and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged educational experience to students
- Facilitate in ‘real world’ scenario training, using hands-on education where they will actually perform the skills you teach them in class
- Administer skills assessments, Pre/Post-Tests to track student’s individual progress
- Provide actionable feedback on student’s soft and hard skills
- Understanding of standard professional certification processes; maintaining required certification and licensure
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional organizations and conferences.
- Ensure that instructional materials and equipment are ready for student use, sufficient in quantity, are properly maintained, and are in working order
- Demonstration of the highest levels of integrity and professionalism in all aspects, including appearance, demeanor, and attitude
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse groups
- Ability to work in an observation/coaching style environment
- Reports any significant issues related to student behavior to appropriate staff
- Lead with positivity, be a team player, mentoring of best practices, accountability and clear direction, to ensure engagement and growth of current/future team members.
- In accordance with the team philosophy of the agency, will routinely be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the activities listed above, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with classroom instruction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2019 including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. MOS certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks Online; User Certification preferred.
- Travel required: less than 20% locally
- Must have own transportation, valid Texas driver’s license, and auto liability insurance
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people, in an open concept work environment, and be a team player
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding clients and agency business.
- Ability to teach people of various abilities and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of materials up to 30lbs
- Capability to prioritize, accept responsibility, and work within deadlines
- Sound judgment, professionalism and a positive attitude
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Jessica Seidel, Director of Programs and Operations at email@example.com. Specify the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The Ladder Alliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. This is critical to our success as an agency and our impact into the community
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis cover by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need