Are you ready to create a world where economic status isn’t a barrier to being technologically sophisticated, where women are empowered and encouraged to be transformative and successful? Imagine working in a place with compassion, commitment, integrity, and relevance. Here at The Ladder Alliance, that is exactly what you will find!
The Ladder Alliance is an established 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to provide survivors of domestic violence and low-income women with the tools to lead self-sufficient, successful, and independent lives. We envision creating a community of successful women through education, empowerment, and encouragement. We value being relevant in the skills that we teach, having compassion for those that we work with, having integrity and respect for all those that we work with, and a commitment to our mission.
The Computer Skills Instructor I is responsible for providing relevant and innovative instruction to our students that will give them the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the professional world; you will also perform skills assessments or tests to track their individual progress. Since you will be instrumental to the success of these individuals, we expect applicants for this role to have significant experience in Microsoft Office Suites.
Some Job Duties:
- Be able to instruct in motivational and inspirational ways about basic computer skills, the internet, and email using differentiated learning styles and techniques to reach all learning abilities.
- Utilize classroom and lab instruction, student assessment mechanisms, and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged educational experience to students
- Facilitate in ‘real world’ scenario training, using hands-on education where they will perform the skills you teach them in class
- Administer skills assessments, Pre/Post-Tests to track student’s progress
- Provide actionable feedback on student’s soft and hard skills
- Understanding of standard professional certification processes; maintaining required certification and licensure
- Ensure that instructional materials and equipment are ready for student use, sufficient in quantity, are adequately maintained, and are in working order
- Minimum two years’ experience with classroom instruction of adult learners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2019, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience in Google Suites and a MOS certification is a plus.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Travel required: less than 20% locally
- Must have own transportation, valid Texas driver’s license, and auto liability insurance
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people in an open-concept work environment
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding clients and agency business.
- Ability to teach people of various abilities and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of materials up to 30lbs
- Capability to prioritize, accept responsibility, and work within deadlines
- Sound judgment, professionalism, and a positive attitude
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving skills
Work Environment & Benefits:
- 90% paid, employee-only medical coverage
- IRA (matched up to 3% of salary)
- Flex work environment that supports flexible hours and location
- PTO that increases with years of service
- Paid parental leave
- Life insurance
- Vision and dental plan options available
- Nine paid holidays with an additional week at the end of December
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Hannah Smiley at email@example.com.