Administrative Assistant– The Ladder Alliance
Are you ready to create a world where economic status isn’t a barrier to being technologically sophisticated; where women are not only empowered, but encouraged to be transformative and successful?
Imagine working in a place where there is compassion, commitment, integrity, and relevance. Here at The Ladder Alliance that is exactly what you will find.
The Ladder Alliance is an established 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to provide women victims of domestic violence and low-income women with the tools to lead self-sufficient, successful, and independent lives. We envision creating a community of successful women through education, empowerment, and encouragement. We value being relevant in the skills that we teach, having compassion for those that we work with, having integrity and respect for all those that we work with and are committed to helping others.
The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, and have an ability to take initiative, and prioritize daily tasks. A strong ability to take charge and meet tight deadlines will ensure your success in this multi-faceted role.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports Directors and Instructors through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. We expect applicants for this role to have significant experience in Microsoft Office Suites, Google Suites, Business English, and Business Communication and database software.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously and proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadlines.
- Schedules room reservations, meetings, and records minutes of meetings; send minutes to meeting attendants as needed; makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials
- Works with word processing, spreadsheet and database software to complete administrative tasks
- Orders and stocks office supplies as necessary; processes purchases; completes monthly credit card reports
- Run work-related errands as needed
- Answer phones in a friendly professional manner, able to communicate in both English and Spanish.
- Responsible for assisting prospective students over the phone with needed information regarding different programs and either registers them or signs the up for an intake process
- Transfer Data from hard copy to digital database
- Organize existing data in a spreadsheet
- Create spreadsheets to track important student information
- High School Diploma and at last 2 years’ experience in an Administrative Assistant Role; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel required: less than 20% locally
- Must have own transportation, valid Texas driver’s license, and auto liability insurance
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people, in an open concept work environment, and be a team player
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding clients and agency business.
- Ability to teach people of various abilities and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of materials up to 30lbs
- Capability to prioritize, accept responsibility, and work within deadlines
- Sound judgment, professionalism and a positive attitude
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Jessica Seidel at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ladder Alliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. This is critical to our success as an agency and our impact into the community
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis cover by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.