Leadership and Staff
Bliss Coulter is an achievement-driven executive who has dedicated over 15 years experience working to empower survivors of domestic violence, low income individuals, and families through innovative programming, leadership and strategic vision.
In 2019, Bliss was named the CEO of The Ladder Alliance. In her first year, she was able to double the amount of operating cash and reserve, transformed the annual golf event from the traditional green grass fundraiser to TopGolf, which increased new attendees by 80% and helped The Ladder Alliance achieve the “Best Place for Working Parents in 2020″ designation award.
Mrs. Coulter spent her first year at the helm doing an environmental scan/assessment of what it would take to advance The Ladder Alliance to the next level and devised a well-executed plan to ensure agency elevation. By placing substantial emphasis on capacity building, scalable and equitable community change, diversifying the existing funding portfolio and having clear outcome goals The Ladder Alliance has seen tremendous success over the past year.
Mrs. Coulter has a passion and extensive experience for serving the community in various roles, from mentoring youth and other emerging leaders, engaging key stakeholders at all levels, to creating avenues for systems change.
Bliss received her Master’s degree in Clinical Counseling from Texas Women’s University with a major in Counseling and Development. She previously graduated from the University of North Texas with a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree and has her certification in Business Management. Bliss is a licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Texas and a National Certified Counselor.
When Bliss is not working, she enjoys spending time with her wife Ashleigh, her son Stetson and her horses at her ranch.
Melissa Fabila is the Administrative Services Coordinator at The Ladder Alliance and is also a graduate of The Ladder Alliances’ Basic Computer Skills Training and Professional Office Skills Training programs. In 2016, Melissa started as an intern after completion of the programs and was hired on as receptionist shortly after. Outside of the work she does at Ladder Alliance, Melissa has made it her personal mission to reach out to low income areas to help them obtain the same opportunity she was afforded.
In her spare time, she likes to give back to the community by helping with benefits, fundraisers, back to school events and Christmas toy drives through the ULC (United Lowrider Council). Melissa also loves spending time with her dog Gizmo.
Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations
Susan Smith has more than 35 years of service in non-profit advancement. Susan holds a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts from Texas Christian University in English with a minor in Art History. Both disciplines remain Susan’s passions. She has been the Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations for The Ladder Alliance since 2012. In her fundraising roles, Susan has been devoted to making a difference in the lives of others.
Director of Programs and Operations
Jessica Seidel MS, NCC, LPC
Jessica is a fastidious and compassionate director who has dedicated more than 10 years in the nonprofit field. As a Program Director she has built and maintained community relationships with local organizations and school districts, coordinated class schedules, managed 7 programs including 3 grant local and state-funded programs and has managed over 60 staff.
Utilizing her degree, background, and experiences, Jessica comes to The Ladder Alliance with a wealth of knowledge in both program management and helping individuals in a variety of capacities.
Jessica received her Master of Science Degree in Clinical Counseling from Texas Woman’s University with a major in Counseling and Development. She previously graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington with her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology.
Jessica is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Texas and a National Board-Certified Counselor.
When Jessica is not working she spends her time with her husband Michael, daughter Sophie along with her two basset hounds and enjoys her few moments of peace and quiet to read and teach herself crochet.
Director of Development
Katie Purcell is a seasoned fundraising and development professional with over 5 years of nonprofit leadership experience, 5 years in the sports industry, and 12 years in results-oriented environments. Katie graduated from the University of Oklahoma majoring in Communication with a minor in Business. As a Director of Development, Katie has coordinated over 17 successful charity events in the DFW area. She thrives in donor retention, marketing, fundraising, program support, and major gift giving.
In her spare time, Katie is an avid waterfowl hunter and enjoys spending time in nature with her rescued red lab, Chance. She also enjoys giving back to the special needs community by volunteering or going on outings with her special friends.
Computer Skills Instructor
Alex has worked with various schools and organizations, as an educator for English as a Second Language programs, secondary school computer tech, and refugee English survival courses. In his spare time, Alex volunteers to help immigrant citizens secure a legal pathway through volunteer programs, and is passionate about fighting for the rights of those less fortunate. Along with his volunteer efforts, Alex is an avid visitor of art museums in his hometown of Fort Worth, loves to cook at home with his fiancé, and enjoys attending rock concerts. Alex has been with The Ladder Alliance since 2019 as an IT Instructor.
Bilingual Computer Skills Instructor
Ruben has more than 16 years of experience in the IT industry along with 12 years of experience in business management and customer service. Ruben developed a passion for technology at a young age, by the time he was 14 he wrote his first program on a Commodore 64 computer. Since then, Ruben has found a love for helping others in sharing his passion of computers and technology and helping spark excitement in those that he teaches.
Computer Skills Instructor
Jennifer has over 15 years of experience as a computer instructor. After graduating from UTEP, she began her career in an accounting department but soon discovered a passion for helping others when it came to teaching her colleagues new software or learning new tips and tricks in Microsoft Excel. She began her teaching career as a GED instructor, which led to technology instruction shortly thereafter, and continued for the next 10 years. After moving to North Texas in 2009, she continued her career as an adjunct instructor working for Weatherford College for 7 years. She is currently enjoying her new position as a Computer Skills Instructor with The Ladder Alliance. In her spare time, Jennifer enjoys a good true crime book or tv show and spending time with her husband and two girls.
Administrative Assistant– The Ladder Alliance
Are you ready to create a world where economic status isn’t a barrier to being technologically sophisticated; where women are not only empowered, but encouraged to be transformative and successful?
Imagine working in a place where there is compassion, commitment, integrity, and relevance. Here at The Ladder Alliance that is exactly what you will find.
The Ladder Alliance is an established 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to provide women victims of domestic violence and low-income women with the tools to lead self-sufficient, successful, and independent lives. We envision creating a community of successful women through education, empowerment, and encouragement. We value being relevant in the skills that we teach, having compassion for those that we work with, having integrity and respect for all those that we work with and are committed to helping others.
The Administrative / Program Coordinator is responsible providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports Directors and Instructors through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. We expect applicants for this role to have significant experience in Microsoft Office Suites, Google Suites, Business English, and Business Communication and database software. Applicant must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously and proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadlines.
- May help plan company events, meetings, and employee team building activities or special projects.
- Schedules room reservations, meetings, and records minutes of meetings; send minutes to meeting attendants as needed; makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials
- Works with word processing, spreadsheet and database software to complete administrative tasks
- Orders and stocks office supplies as necessary; processes purchases; completes monthly credit card reports
- Run work-related errands as needed
- Answer phones in a friendly professional manner, able to communicate in both English and Spanish.
- Responsible for assisting prospective students over the phone with needed information regarding different programs and either registers them or signs the up for an intake process
- Assist instructors with necessary preparations for student graduations, luncheons, events, etc.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of student folders containing appropriate documents
- Responsible for collecting, tracking and recording student fees and other documentation
- Organize existing data in a spreadsheet
- Help assist in coordinating volunteers for the Success Store
- Will utilize referral programs (i.e. ETO) to bring in clients that are seeking our resources.
- Assists with the informational presentations to community agencies to enhance awareness and/or increase referrals.
- Assist with staffing health fairs and educational seminars
- Seek opportunities to promote agency services.
- High School Diploma and at last 2 years’ experience in an Administrative Assistant Role
- Spanish speaking required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Google Suite, Canva and other design and database software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel required: less than 20% locally
- Must have own transportation, valid Texas driver’s license, and auto liability insurance
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people, in an open concept work environment, and be a team player
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding clients and agency business.
- Ability to teach people of various abilities and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of materials up to 30lbs
- Capability to prioritize, accept responsibility, and work within deadlines
- Sound judgment, professionalism and a positive attitude
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Jessica Seidel at jseidel(at)ladderalliance.org
The Ladder Alliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. This is critical to our success as an agency and our impact into the community
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis cover by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.